Advice, opinions, and news from AB&C
A. Buchholtz & Company Joins Globalscope Partners Ltd., the worldwide network of M&A firms specializing in middle-market transactions.
At its 2023 Spring Conference in Buenos Aires, Argentina, held April 19-22, Globalscope named Martijn Peters as its new President. Peters succeeds John Sloan of Dallas-based Sloan Capital, who officially ended his two-year term as President. Attendees of the Spring Conference came from 31 countries worldwide.
Martijn Peters is the Founder and Managing Director of DEX international M&A. Located in The Netherlands, DEX specializes in structuring and managing cross-border M&A transactions for entrepreneurs, investors, and large corporations.
Other highlights of the Spring Conference include the voting in of three new member firms:
• A. Buchholtz & Co., a New-York-based M&A advisory firm headed by Founder and President, Andrew Buchholtz
• Locus Capital, a leading Korean boutique investment bank founded by Jacob Hoyeon Won and Serck-Joo Hong
• Rungta Advisors, based in India, founded by Pankaj Rungta
Attendees also approved a new slate of directors to head the following roles:
• Outgoing President John Sloan will oversee the network’s Marketing, PR & Lead Generation
• Stephen Jakob (Osprey Capital, Canada), will serve as Globalscope Treasurer
• José Rogelio Diaz (Insignia Financial Group, Panama), will lead the Recruitment function for the Americas Region
• And Alexander Wood (AWR Lloyd, Thailand), will spearhead Recruitment for the SEA/EMEA Regions.
Board members who will continue to serve in previous positions include:
• Michael Moritz (Carlsquare GmbH, Germany), Training & EMDM.
• Kamal Rungta (RCS Advisors, India), Globalscope Conferences
• Al Melchiorre (MelCap Advisors, USA), Head of Sectors
• Dr. Thomas Vettiger (IFBC, Switzerland), Strategic Development
• And Deniz Kartal (Orion Capital Partners, Turkey), Member Engagement.
“Last year Globalscope members closed 203 deals with a combined value of $20,8 billion,” Peters said. “It was the highest total in our network’s history, and we’re continuing to make strategic moves we believe will accelerate our growth and development going forward,” he added.
ABOUT GLOBALSCOPE PARTNERS
Globalscope is a network of 55 independent investment banking firms, with more than 400 highly qualified investment bankers located in 46 countries worldwide. With more than 30 years of global M&A experience, Globalscope partners work in close contact with clients to make their business dreams a reality.
ABOUT A. BUCHHOLTZ & COMPANY
A. Buchholtz & Company is an M&A and financing advisory firm headquartered in New York whose clients include business owners, entrepreneurs, private equity firms, corporations and investors worldwide. The firm custom tailors each strategic assignment with the objective of creating multiple attractive exit or financing opportunities for every client. AB&C’s professionals have advised on more than $3 billion of transactions.
For more information about A. Buchholtz & Company, please contact:
Andrew J. Buchholtz
A. Buchholtz & Company, LLC